Pregnant, feel nauseous. Can pineapple be eaten?

hello doctor,
My wife is 7th month pregnant. I would like to know if it is ok for her to eat pineapple? sometime she feels nausea as well? it it ok?

thank you
Posted Sat, 10 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Prasad 23 hours later

During pregnancy, no food is considered absolutely unsafe. There are various articles that report pineapple as unsafe during pregnancy, however there are robust scientific evidence to support these claim.

Hence I would say you can take pineapple in moderation. Over eating is to be avoided.

As far as your other concern, nausea and vomiting can persist throughout pregnancy in some women. Avoid eating to the brim - small and frequent meal will be better than three full meals. Medicines such as doxylamine are safe during pregnancy. You may use it after discussing with your treating doctor.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need clarifications.