Pregnant and stopped prenatal viti due to inability of a bowel movement. Why is my appetite bad?

I am 6 weeks pregnant. Stopped prenatal viti. Because they made me unable to have a bile movement. And I have no appitite and now this white chalky nasty taste is on my tongue for the past 3 days.. should I go to hospital?
Posted Sun, 15 Jul 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 27 minutes later
The decreased bowel movements, loss of appetite, nausea, altered taste sensation are all related to hormonal changes in your body related to pregnancy.
Stopping the prenatal vitamin will not relieve your symptoms.
You need to do some lifestyle modifications which will help control your symptoms.
1.) Eat fiber XXXXXXX fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables and avoid foods which are not easily digestible and fatty foods
2.) Have six small meals instead of 3 large meals
3.) Drink plenty of fluids
4.) Go for regular Brisk walks for 30 to 40 minutes daily.
In case the symptoms are persistent then you might consult your gynecologist who after a detailed examination will prescribe you drugs for symptomatic improvement.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Pregnant and stopped prenatal viti due to inability of a bowel movement. Why is my appetite bad? 25 hours later
How do i keep the fluids down? Can i take reg vitimans ?instead of pre natal?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
To avoid the nausea you can get doxylamine prescribed from your gynecologist.
Prenatal vitamins are always preferable over the regular vitamins at your stage.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.