Pregnant and my weight is 54 kg. Is it normal?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
im 36 week pregnant and my weight is 54kg is it ok
Posted Sat, 29 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 29 minutes later

The advisable pregnancy weight gain depends on pre-pregnancy weight.
Normally in non-pregnant women the ideal weight for the height = height in centimeters - 100.
And in normal pregnancy weight gain should be around 9 to 11 kgs.
So if you mention your height, I can give a better idea regarding the weight gain.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Pregnant and my weight is 54 kg. Is it normal? 1 hour later
my height is 5feet 1 inch and before pregnancy my weight was around 46kg

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 7 hours later

According to your height, your pre-pregnancy weight should be around 50 to 52.5kgs.
Though you were under weight before pregnancy, your weight gain in pregnancy is good. That indicates good growth of the baby. So no need to worry.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.