Pregnant and alkaline phosphate elevated. Having rash on limbs and abdomen. Anything serious?

Excellent

Gastroenterologist
Question
Hi , SGOT - 22, SGPT - 24, ALKALINE PHOSPHATE - 188 (ref 53 - 128). I am 39 w 3d and having rashes on limbs and abdomen since a week. what should be done? and does the out of range ALKALINE PHOSPHATE mean anything for the baby?
Posted Thu, 4 Jul 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 4 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thank you for the query.
Alkaline phosphate is expected to rise in pregnancy so do not worry.
Skin rash could be due to viral infection or some drugs you may be taking, need to take opinion of a dermatologist to see what exactly is the problem.
Raised alkaline phosphate is nothing to do with the baby.
Hope this answers your query.
Wish you a speedy recovery and best wishes for the new one

Follow-up: Pregnant and alkaline phosphate elevated. Having rash on limbs and abdomen. Anything serious? 44 hours later
went to a dermatologist today and was advised to apply flutivate followed by Ritch. Is this combination safr to take at this stage? edd is in 3 days - jun 20

Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 3 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
I think you can wait for few more days till you deliver if rash is not much.
Best wishes to you and the new arrival.

Follow-up: Pregnant and alkaline phosphate elevated. Having rash on limbs and abdomen. Anything serious? 1 hour later
the itching is intolerable. ..specially in the hands and legs. I am not able to get any sleep because of this. Please advise.

Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 21 hours later
In that case can apply those medication, no harm especially if your symptoms are severe.
Best wishes.