Pregnant and advised to take pregron,folgel and alnagest injection. Experiencing rise in temperature after taking medicine. Is this normal?
User rating for this question
Hi My wife is 30 yrs old & she recently confirmed with 5 week of pregnancy.On 29th Oct we have visited a gynecologist & she advised tab.pregron,folgel and injection alnagest 200 mg.After taking injection,we are experiecing rise in body tempreture and feeling chill.Please advise me is it normal in this stage or any problem is there.
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: Rise in body temperature is normal. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX Rise in the body temperature uptown 0.5 to 1*F is normal with the injection she is receiving. Also pregnancy itself will raise body temperature by upto 1*F. So no need to worry unless body temperature is more than 101*F. The injection will rarely cause chills. If she has no redness & induration (lump) at the injection site, you need not worry. You can measure body temperature with thermometer & if it's less than 101*F & if she has no other symptom like cold, cough or urinary problem you can consider the rise in body temperature & chills as normal symptoms & disregard it. Hope this helps you. Let me know if you have other concerns. Regards.
Follow-up: Pregnant and advised to take pregron,folgel and alnagest injection. Experiencing rise in temperature after taking medicine. Is this normal? 2 hours later
Thank you for your information.Sir I want to know that,why this injection has given & some pain is there.Is it safe for travelling.
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Injection supports pregnancy. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome back. The injection is given to support pregnancy & prevent abortion. If there is no previous history of abortions or infertility treatment, she can travel. Just avoid jerks during travel (avoid traveling by rough roads). You just mentioned about pain. If pain is in lower abdomen, please avoid travel. If pain is at injection site, there is no contraindication for travel. Your obstetrician will be best guide, as she knows her previous history & she has examined her personally. Regards.
People also viewed
- What causes recurrance of cyst on face
- Is quotmild disk protrusionquot a matter of concern
- Cremaffin syrup side effects in pregnancy
- Suggest treatment for injured lower backand left leg
- Husband taking medicine pregnant
- What causes no bleeding inspite of taking cytotec
- Crixan is ok to take when pregnancy
- Is crocin safe during pregnancy
- Safe to eat crocin during pregnancy
- Is crocin safe during pregnancy for headache
- Vomitting after taking medicine
- Experiencing numbness in my face after taking medicines
- If normal man take acitrom medicine
- Is it advisable to take nise medicine in fever
- What causes burning sensation around a wound after applying dettol