Pregnant. What is the normal heart rate of fetus at 6 weeks?

Question
Last LMP is feb 23 2013. Visited RE on April 10 2013. Found Heart beat ass 119.03. According to LMP her GA age is 6weeks 3 days.
Gestational sac length : 11.3 mm
CRL : 3.42 mm
We would like to check with you on her pregnancy progress. what should be heart beat rate. Doctor mentioned her pregnancy is 4 days behind. My wifes ovulation will be on 16,17,18 CD. Would like to hear your comments on her pregnancy.
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 15 minutes later
The normal heart beat of fetus varies between 120-160 beats per minute. Any heart beat lesser than 100 beats per minutes is worrisome. In this case, the heart beat is 119 which can be considered normal in view of the fact that a well formed gestational sac and fetal node is seen. Presence of yolk sac on ultrasound scan and doubling of serum HCG levels in 48 hours will further help in the confirmation of the viability of the fetus.
The difference of 4 days in the gestational parameters is a normal variation at 6 weeks of gestation. Such a small difference could be due to a late ovulation or a delayed conception. A follow up scan after 2 weeks will also help in assessing the rate of growth of baby.
The treatment she is getting right now is alright. She can continue with the treatment as advised by the gynecologist.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.