Pregnant. What are the risk factors when US showed posterior placenta in upper segment?

Mar 2013
Hi doctor... I'm at 30 weeks and had a ultra sound scan this week and my placenta at posterier wall, upper segment grade 2 . What does it mean ? What are the risk factors ? Can I travel by train once in a while. Please suggest..
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer: ULTRASOUND REPORT IS NORMAL, NO RISK FACTORS Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXX Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. According to the ultrasound scan, the location of the placenta is perfectly normal. The placenta is normally implanted in the upper segment of the uterus, and posterior wall location is also normal. Regarding grading of the placenta, Grade 2 is the normal level of maturity seen from 30 weeks till delivery. So in all aspects, the ultrasound is normal, and there are NO RISK FACTORS based on the scan results. You can travel by train occasionally, if there are no other risk factors in your history or in your workup detected so far. Till 32 - 34 weeks, travelling is alright, if it is not stressful or over very long distances, but after that, it is better to exercise caution and remain within domestic limit. All the best. Please feel free to ask for further clarifications.