Pregnant. What are the precaution to be taken at the initial stage?

Hi. My wife is pregnant. What are the precaution is to be taken at the initial stage.Her age is 2. She is fit from all aspect and she has not allergies.waiting for your response.
Posted Wed, 10 Oct 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 1 hour later
First of all, congratulations!
She should get a thorough examination by a Gynecologist and get an Antenatal registration and have a regular follow up as advised.
she should avoid hectic journeys, take enough rest but also do day to day house hold work to keep physically active.
She should take a balanced diet, increase amount of milk especially towards later months. Start taking Folate tablets one tab a day if not already started.
Injection of T-toxoid and ultrasound for fetal well being would be planned by your Gynecologist.
The intercourse should be avoided in the first trimester and later part of the last trimester.
I hope your query has been answered. I will be happy to solve your further queries. In case you are satisfied with my answer, please close the discussion and put a rating for it.
Dr.Monika Choudhary