Pregnant, USG scan showed insignificant fullness of both renal pc system. Meaning?

I am pregnant with22 weeks completed,my yesterday's USG scan revealed that there is insignificant fullness of both renal pc systems.What does it mean ,is this can cause any harm to my baby?
Posted Thu, 15 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 11 minutes later
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX Mild fetal pelvicalycial system dilatation is normal, we consider it as abnormal if it is associated with RENAL CORTEX THINNING, which is not there in your case. Mild dilatation is normally seen in few cases, hence no need to alarm. Usually it is of no clinical significance and wont cause any problem during infancy or childhood. What you need is serial Scans of fetal kidneys to make out any further changes.
If your too concerned you can take another opinion from an Urologist.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile