Pregnant. Took antibiotic for chlamydia. Risk of chlamydia after protected intercourse?

Question
pregnant with chlamydiai am pregnant and just had my prenatal check up and one of the blood test came out with chlamydia. i had to take a dose of antibiotic and it has been 12 days since i took the antibiotic. however i had PROtected sex recently, my worry is, was that unsafe? and would i still be infected with chlamydia even though it was protected? in a week i would get retested again.
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
If you have completed the antibiotic properly and used a condom during the sex then it was a protected sex and the chances of a re infection are not there. Please do not worry.
Getting a repeat test for chlamydia will help in confirmation. You can also ask your partner to get himself tested and treated to avoid recurrence.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Pregnant. Took antibiotic for chlamydia. Risk of chlamydia after protected intercourse? 2 hours later
thaank you dr. tayal for your answer ... one more question, i read the antibiotic works officially after 7 days and should abstain sex during that time and then get tested in 3 weeks after the antibiotic is taken. so to claify your answer when you said if i had completed the antibiotic properly meaning after the 7 day period without having any sex or you meant by completed the antibiotic properly by just taking it to cure it? ...sorry im just concerned that maybe i should have waited until after the repeated test to actually have protected sex aagain and i failed by having it after 12 days of taken the antibiotic. i just want to make sure me and the baby will be safe, and i dont want to repeat the same mistake. thank you!!

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 18 minutes later
By completing the antibiotic i meant to say that you have completed taking all the antibiotics that were prescribed to you. It usually takes some days for the infection to completely leave the body but the chances of re infection are very low during that time. Please do not worry and get yourself re tested next week to allay your anxiety.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.

Follow-up: Pregnant. Took antibiotic for chlamydia. Risk of chlamydia after protected intercourse? 7 hours later
ok thank you it was helpful and i will get retested again next week

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 13 hours later
Hello.
You are welcome.
Please keep me informed regarding the progress.
You can consult me again directly through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.
I wish you the very best in whatever you do.

Warm regards