Pregnant. Tested positive for chlamydia. Will unborn baby be affected?

Hi my spouse and were tested positive for chlamydia on 3/29/13. We are expecting our first child (14 wks) can this affect my unborn child. I had chlamydia in the past from my last boyfriend, apparently it came back. We got treatment on 4/01/2013. Took the dose the same day, we had protected sex 4/04/2013 can that effect the treatment?
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Balaji Chinnasami 21 minutes later

Thanks for your query to XXXXXXX

Since both of you have taken treatment for chlamydia, having protected sex will not affect treatment. Also you have done the right step by getting treated for chlamydia. Because, chlamydia is known to cause neonatal pneumonia, conjunctivitis after birth, but not now ( at 14 weeks of gestation).
Your baby will be good. Just be under the care of obstetrician. If you have any other queries I am happy to help or else close this query and rate this query.

Dr. Balaji Chinnasami