Pregnant. Test showed high TSH level. Any effect on pregnancy?

Question
hi
i'm 4 weeks pregnant and my tsh levels are higher (6). will that affect my pregnancy
Posted Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 24 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX
TSH during 1st trimester needs to be less than 2.5 & less than 3 during rest of pregnancy. Very high TSH during pregnancy in mother can lead to reduced IQ in the cchild, but 6 is not that high. Even then you should start treatment rightaway & continue till delivery. TSH 6 means milder form of hypothyroidism only. So dont worry.
Shivaprasad