Pregnant. Suggest MTP kit for safe termination?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2013
Feb 2013

Pediatrician
Question
I have usg done for 4-5 weeks of pregnancy today. how should i use mtp kit or which medicine do you suggest for termination at home..my all parameters are normal and hb% is 11.what should i do now for safe termination and what care should be taken
Posted Fri, 5 Jul 2013 in Abortion and Stillbirth

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 2 hours later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

If you are opting for abortion in early pregnancy within 8 weeks, you can go for medical abortion using abortion pill.

This kit contains two types of pills, one to be taken orally at the first appointment and another pill to be inserted vagina (or buccal ) within 48 hours of first pill.

This medication should be prescribed by a gynecologist.

For safe termination, I advise you to consult the gynecologist for the prescription of medical kit for safe abortion.

This process is associated with pain due to uterine contractions and vaginal bleeding, so you need supportive medication also for pain relief.

This process can be done by you at home, but you need a proper prescription of the medication kit by the gynecologist along with instructions about the usage, advise on follow up visits for supervision, and confirmation of completion of abortion on ultrasound abdomen and pelvis.

Therefore I advise you to consult the doctor for prescription of medical abortion kit with a proper advise on follow up visits and in emergency.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.

Regards.

Follow-up: Pregnant. Suggest MTP kit for safe termination? 28 hours later
Sir, What are the tablets that can be taken as painkillers during the crampings,

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 9 minutes later

Medications used as painkillers during cramping is hyoscine butyl bromide.

It is a prescribed medication and you should take as per your doctor prescription.

Be in follow up with your doctor and repeat ultrasound abdomen to know the complete abortion with your doctor advise.

Regards.

Follow-up: Pregnant. Suggest MTP kit for safe termination? 2 days later
Thanx sir, let me know 2 final questions : 1) what should i do with rest of the two misoprostol, if i start bleeding with the first two..2.)what are the nutritional supplement needed, for example should i take iron , folic acid syrrups.or would you please recommend any nutritional syrrup.

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 10 hours later

Thank you for getting back.

You should follow the doctor prescription while taking these medication.

Misoprostol causes contractions of uterus, causing expulsion of the products of conception.

I advise you to take the medication as per your doctor advise and be in follow up to confirm the completion of abortion process.

You can take supplementation with iron, folic acid, and multivitamin syrups to compensate the loss in bleeding.

At follow up the doctor will prescribe the supplementation medication with iron and folic acid.

Regards.