Pregnant. Suffering from morning sickness, nausea, stomach gas and diarrhoea. Should I be concerned?

I am concerned about some symptoms I've been experiencing since yesterday. I am 18 weeks pregnant, and although I did suffer morning sickness in my first trimester, I am now experiencing nausea, sour stomach, gas, and diarrhea. I have these symptoms all day, with them worsening when I lay down. Is is morning sickness again (which I thought subsided about a month ago) or something I ate? Or do I have some sort of flu. I do not have a fever.
Posted Thu, 9 Aug 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in.
As you are 18 weeks pregnant, morning sickness is unlikely.
Sudden appearance of nausea, sour stomach, gas and diarrhea are likely to be due to indigestion due to something you ate.
As you do not have fever, infection [flu] is unlikely.

It will subside on its own. Just make sure, you do not get dehydrated due to diarrhea. Drink lots of fluid. Eat less spicy food for 2 days at least. Take rest.
If symptoms of diarrhea and stomach upset continues for 2-3 days more; contact gynecologist. As we need to do clinical examination to confirm diagnosis

I hope I have answered your query. In case of any doubt, I shall be happy to help you.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.