Pregnant. Should I undergo miradry for underarm hyperhidrosis?

I have been looking for a solution to my underarm hyperhidrosis for as long as I can remember. Have always felt I can't fully enjoy my life and at times become depressive and tend to stay home a lot because of the embarrassment. I just found out about about Miradry and it seems to be working for most people, but I also found out I am 2 to 3 weeks pregnant and I wonder if it would be safe to undergo the procedure. I feel that I won't fully enjoy my pregnancy, as I XXXXXXX 't fully enjoy anything else, if I don't fix this problem first.
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 hours later
I can understand your problem as hyperhidrosis can really be big social awkwardness and embarrassment. In this condition, you have uncontrollable sweating which leads to significant emotional as well as physical discomfort.
Although in most of the cases no reason can be found but still few conditions like hyperthyroidism, extreme anxiety, tubercular infections must be excluded by appropriate investigations.
Treatment involves use of antiperspirants, Botox injections etc.
As far a MIRADRY is concerned, it is FDA approved procedure in which a microwave gun radiates your armpits and destroys sweat glands. Since armpits have only 2% of total body sweat glands, this procedure should not disturb your normal sweating capability of your body.
This procedure is quick, safest and supposed to give long lasting results.
Although it should not cause any problem in your early pregnancy, as it is a local procedure, you must still talk to your doctor and take his permission to undergo this procedure.
I hope it helps however, you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck