Pregnant. Scan showed bigger head and abdomen size. What does this mean?

hi I'm 26 weeks pregant and want to see my doctor he told that the baby head is big and aslo her abdomen he told not to worry but I'm worried sick plz tell what does that mean,
Posted Sun, 9 Dec 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 33 minutes later
The comparatively bigger head and abdomen size can be due to a fluid accumulation in the head and abdomen or it can be physiologically slightly larger than the average size. It is best to get your level II scan done to rule out any congenital malformations in the baby. In case the congenital malformations are ruled out, then there is nothing to worry.
You can also upload the scan report here so that we can discuss it in greater detail.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Pregnant. Scan showed bigger head and abdomen size. What does this mean? 4 minutes later
It doesn't mean that she will be a drof,?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for writing again.
Baby's length is not likely to be associated with an increase in head or abdomen size.
A repeat ultrasound scan will help in ruling out any congenital malformations.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.