Pregnant. Scan report shows cranium appears grossly normal and spine appears short and deformed. What does this indicate?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
my pergenancy is 10 weeks 4 days after scanning the result came that cranium appears grossly normal however spine appears short and deformed it is showing 1 week of growth lag does it effects my featous in future
Posted Sat, 13 Jul 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 18 minutes later

The future risk depends on the type of deformity. It is some what early to comment about the spinal cord.
If possible can you send the scan report, so that we will have a better idea and can give you better advice.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.