Pregnant. Report showed release of egg from ovary. Anything serious?

This is in continuation of the query in below link...

The good news is that my wife is now pregnant. Her LMP date was 31st may. Today we consulted OB&GN and the doctor confirmed my wife's pregnancy. She told that the egg was released from right ovary.

Now, we want to know if the egg is from right ovary, is it a boy ? Is it always like that or it doesn't matter ?

I doubt if the boy or girl would be so simple as wanted to get it clarified.

Our first is a boy., and we are not worried if second would be a boy or girl...we are happy in any case....just a curiosity..

Kindly clarify / advise.

Posted Tue, 6 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 days later
It is very difficult to tell with 100% certainty which ovary has released the egg that has caused fertilization. The sex of the baby depends on the sperm that fertilizes the egg and not on the egg. Even if the egg is released from the right ovary, the child can be a boy or a girl.
There is no way to predict the sex of the child in this manner. Only a chromosomal study of the amniotic fluid can diagnose the sex of the baby for sure.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.