Pregnant. Noticed white spots in stool. Any suggestion?

I'm 14 weeks pregnant. I've had white spots in my stool for more then 2 weeks. Also, many times my stool is in little balls, not one solid piece..with the white spots.. I do not have any other symptoms - cramping, blood, stringy anything.. Just the white spots. Any suggestions? I can't see my NP until Monday. Thank you
Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 18 minutes later
Hi and thanks for the question,
white spots on the stool could really depend on whether you changed your diet recently or not, and the consistency of the white spots.
Little ball stones are common, and might simply entail an increase in the amount of water you take, vegetables, fibre and fruits. Lack of other symptoms is reassuring.
I feel its not a cause for alarm, and a simple stool exams could help in actually ascertaining and visualizing the white spots. Being of infectious origin shall really be rare.
I suggest you simply increase the dietary water, vegetables, fruits and fibre and remain calm as you wait to see your physician. Nothing imminently wrong for now.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.