Pregnant. Having rubella infection. IgG and IgM are positive. What should I do?

Excellent
Question
i am pregnant my last month period date is 18 april 2013.According to report i am having rubella infection. IgG and IgM both are positive.what should i do ?
Posted Wed, 10 Jul 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 3 hours later
Hi
You are currently 9 weeks pregnant. As per current recommendation a pregnancy with rubella infection has very high chances of fetal rubella infection and hence congenital malformation.
You may repeat the test and do rubella IgG avidity
Test.
The current recommendation is not to continue the pregnancy.
You may do fetal testing for rubella infection at a fetal medicine centre.

Follow-up: Pregnant. Having rubella infection. IgG and IgM are positive. What should I do? 5 hours later
26 May : IgG 500IU/mL & IgM 1.37 COI
11 XXXXXXX : IgG 127 & IgM 1.02 COI

10 june: Rubella IgG avidity :83% (from SRL Diagnostic)
13 june: Rubella IgG avidity :77% (from Dr Lal Path Lab)

Can u please guide us.

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 45 minutes later
You appear to have active rubella infection in recent past.
Rubella does not give any clear cut value at which a definite risk can be calculated.
As per the current info either we test the baby for infection or discontinue. A fetal rubella infection will not mean fetal affection but the problems caused by rubella includes hearing and vision issues. These can't be diagnosed inside the uterus. The best advise is to XXXXXXX a fetal medicine specialist. If you are in NCR you may go to Indraprastha Apollo. Sort this out ASAP.
Intrauterine tests are typically done around 15 weeks but they can be done as early as 9 to 10 weeks.
Since you have high avidity you may have protection.

Follow-up: Pregnant. Having rubella infection. IgG and IgM are positive. What should I do? 37 hours later
ultrasound report : 6.3 week at 12 XXXXXXX
subchorionic volume 0.1cc, do we need any medication?
heart beat 118bpm is it normal?
when should we go for next ultrasound?

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 20 hours later
This is a tiny clot. You can do your next ultrasound at eight weeks. I normally give dydrogesterone 10 mg twice daily till 12 weeks. Please consider visiting fetal medicine seriously