Pregnant. Having body ache, stomach irritation, acidity, physical weakness. Taking Triple A. Anaemic

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
My wife is 27 years and she is 28 week pregnant. She is animic, thairoid level - 2.56 , BP (120/80), QT test didnt show any abnormality. Height 5 ft 2 inch weight 72 kg. She has not gained weight through out her pregnancy.
Problems faced - bodyache, stomach irritation, acidity, physical weakness, leg and hand cramp, lactose alergic
Medicine she is taking - Triple A cal (twice daily). Orofer XT (once daily)
Question - Please suggest if she is doing fine so far. Let me know if any home remedies for bodyache or cramps or suggest lifestyle management at this stage to minimise physical irritations. We would like to know whether she should go for normal delivery or scezerian and corresponding implications.

XXXXXX
Posted Tue, 21 May 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 41 minutes later

Some amount of hemodilution will occur during pregnancy especially in second trimester. So if her hemoglobin level is above 10.5mg/dl, that can be taken as normal.
Due to increasing size of the uterus, ligaments will stretch and that can give body pains.
She can use local analgesic medicines that can give some relief. She has to take at-least 2 hours rest during day time and eight hours during nights.
Better to prefer sleeping in left lateral position. By taking the tablets after food some amount of gastritis irritation can be decreased. If needed she can go for antacids.
There should be at-least 2 hours gap to food and sleep. She can keep head end elevated to prevent regurgitation.
Mode delivery can only be decided after completion of term, sometimes just before delivery. Because it depends on many factors.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Pregnant. Having body ache, stomach irritation, acidity, physical weakness. Taking Triple A. Anaemic 8 hours later
she is having pain in her lower leg portion i.e from toe to knee. She also felt severe body pain for couple of days. Is there anything worrying?

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

You once get her coagulation profile and electrolytes done.
If everything is normal, with your doctor's advice she can go for:
Vitamin E pills,
Synthetic diasmins
These by relieving the venous spam decrease the pain.
Taking plenty of oral fluids and nutritious diet is needed.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Pregnant. Having body ache, stomach irritation, acidity, physical weakness. Taking Triple A. Anaemic 4 days later
she is feeling lot more stomach irritation from start of 28th week. She is sleepless and no position is giving her comfort. also due to feeling heavy stomach not feeling to eat much. please suggest any remedy and also suggest what should be her diet this time in 3rd trimister.

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 15 hours later

She can take some antacid 15 to 20 min before food. And she has to maintain at-least 2 hours gap from food to sleep.
She can keep pillows to elevate the head end, that will prevent regurgitation of food.
Better to decrease the quantity and increase the frequency of meals.
Her diet should include carbohydrates, proteins and to some extent fats.
She should include cereals, fruits, vegetables, milk, eggs, meat, fish etc in her diet depending on her choice.
For more details regarding pregnancy:http://srsree.blogspot.in/2012/03/antenatal-care-of-pregnancy-without.html