Pregnant. Have hyperthyroid. What could be the risk involved?

i am 16 weeks pregnent. i have a hyperthyroid please tell me is it any risk during pregnancy. i m too much worried about my pregnancy.
Posted Sun, 4 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 20 minutes later
Hi Meenu,
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
Hyperthyroidism is due to excessive output of thyroid hormone.
The drugs used for this are toxic for fetus so if you are on any treatment already your management needs to be tuned.
Most patients have decrease in severity of hyperthyroidism as an effect of pregnancy.
You should consult an endocrinologist and get the morning fasting sample of free T3, T4 and TSH at stat and monthly interval.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!