Pregnant. Got Liver function test done. Suggest

Dear Doctor,
Please advice me , what this attached report says, My wife is 6 and half Month pragnent.
Please tell me is everything fine or i need to take extra care . I got Liver Function test as Dr. Prescrived, Pleas advice .
Posted Sat, 15 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 52 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
I have seen the liver function test report of your wife.
It is not normal. The ALT/AST are raised beyond upper limits approx 2.5-3.0 times normal acceptable range.
Your wife should avoid fatty/fried meals and any commercial nutritinal formulas if she is taking any.
The problem can be due to hepatotropic viral infection so she should get blood test for hepatitis B/C/A/E serology and an ultrasound whole abdomen to detect status of liver.
some times fatty liver of pregnancy also can produce changes like that.
Get a repeat Liver Function test and INR after 5 days and let me know all the reports in a follow up query.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!