Pregnant. Frequency of baby movement is more. Is there any problem?

I am running in my 8th month of pregnancy. My baby keep moving through out night and day. Is there any problem?
Posted Tue, 28 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

Normally the frequency of movements is predictable and you very well know and can appreciate it also.

By experience you will also learn how many times the baby moves, it does not matter whether it is day or night. This is normal.

8 month is such a time when the movements are easily felt.

But at the same time, any sudden increase or decrease in the movement of baby must be reported to your doctor.

When ever there is some change, like change in your routine or some distress to the baby inside, the movement may suddenly increase or decrease.

To be on safer side, this must be reported to the consulting doctor. He will after examination may advise ultrasound to look for the cause if needed.

Please do not ignore and consult your doctor in such a case.