Ask a Dentist   »  

Pregnant. Due to wisdom tooth have loose gum flap between teeth. What to do?

Dentist, Prosthodontics
Hello, I'm 21 weeks pregnant and I am experiencing a dental problem. My wisedom tooth on the lower left side is coming in towards my molar. I now have a gum flap loose between the two teeth. I cant tell if there is a whole there. Im concerned about bacteria getting into my bloodstream. What should i do in the meantime? While waiting to go the dentist.
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Ramesh B. Hegde 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: Dear XXXXX, Hello, I understand your Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXX, Hello, I understand your concern regarding oral health. You can keep the region clean by brushing after food. If you allow the food to get stagnant, it leads to decay, infection....and its consequences. After food, gargle thoroughly with water, then brush your teeth. while purchasing the brush see to it that the tip bristles are higher than the rest of the bristles so that it can reach the deepest portion where you have the problem. You can also use inter dental brush to keep the region clean. Hope this helps you, If you have anything to be clarified further you are most well-come. with regards,