Pregnant. Done with ultra sound. What does report suggest?

I am 6 weeks pregnantmy ultra sound report shows parameter G.S Measurement 17mm wks 6, yolk sac visualised ,No evidence of fetal pole seen,Impression :- Findings shows single intrauterine early gestation of maturiy 06.0 +_ 1 Wks please tell me about my pregnancy
Posted Sat, 6 Jul 2013 in Child Birth
Answered by Dr. Ahmed Bahaa 42 minutes later
Dear Inform2ravikiran, welcome to healthcare magic.
I will start by directly answering your question, then I will tell you the scientific evidence and the reference upon which I build my opinion.
It is early to judge your pregnancy viability and wether it is going to continue or not. Please don't worry from the fact that the fetal pole is not yet seen.
As long as you are vitally stable and there is no bleeding or sharp abdominal pains, be patient.
In similar cases I ask my patients to repeat the ultrasound scan 7 or 10 days later after which we can make a final decision. In most cases the repeat scan is reassuring (appearance of fetal pole +/- cardiac pulsations).
Scientifically speaking, according to the recommendations of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists(RCOG), the mean gestational sac diameter should be more than 20 mm with absence of fetal pole and yolk sac in order to diagnose a case of missed miscarriage. And even in such a case, a repeated ultrasound examination after one week is necessary to clarify the diagnosis.
So, if your doctor agrees, I advise you to continue on your medications, (Folic acid supplement is the most important), and repeat the ultrasound scan. I would be happy to know the result and to give you future advice.
I hope these words were useful to you and if there is another query I would be interested to help.
Good luck.
Dr. Ahmed Bahaa.
Follow-up: Pregnant. Done with ultra sound. What does report suggest? 22 minutes later
my doctor advaised medicines Tab Cor 3 D, Inj. Sifasi 2000IU, & Tab doxyla b6 is it correct or any medicine to take
Answered by Dr. Ahmed Bahaa 51 minutes later
Dear Inform2ravikiran, thank you for your question.
I have searched for the first drug and I couldn't find out what it is. Anyway make sure that it contains Folic acid in it's ingredients and if not you should start taking Folic acid after your doctor's permission as it prevents neural tube defects (congenital malformations in the nervous system).
The second drug is used in your case as a support for your pregnancy to help it continue. I usually use progesterone suppositories instead but no objection on the injectable.
The third drug is useful if you experience nausea, vomiting or morning sickness. If not there is no need.
By the way, if you experience nausea or vomiting, this is a good sign.
I wish you best luck and waiting for the ultrasound report and any other queries.
Dr. Ahmed Bahaa.
Follow-up: Pregnant. Done with ultra sound. What does report suggest? 15 hours later
Sir Im Worry about the Fetal Pole please inform me that their is any chance for stability of pregnacy or not..
Answered by Dr. Ahmed Bahaa 2 hours later
Dear inform2ravikiran, please don't worry.
If there was no chance for your pregnancy to continue, I wouldn't have told you to stay another week. Most probably your doctor agrees with me.

The idea is that you visited your doctor a bit early, at a stage where there is no fetal pole yet visible. Please continue on your medications and wait for the result of the ultrasound a week later. Again I will be happy to be notified by the result to give you future advice.

Good luck.
Dr. Ahmed Bahaa.