Pregnant. Diagnosed with urine infection. Having severe lower back pain. How to get relief?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Hi im concern for my fiance she really has a bad pain on her lower back going down on her leg she is pregnant we already went to the doctor they just said she had a infection in her urine but the pain is getting worse
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 3 hours later
Hi and welocme to XXXXXXX Thank you for your querry.
Considering her pregnancy if this is uroinfection it must be treated by antibiotics and urinoculture should be done to see which bacteria causes it.
Uroinfection can do some complications, but you shouldnt be concerned, it wont be harmful for the baby.
Also she might have lumboischialgia when experience such symptoms. She should consult her doctor about what type of painkillers she may take.
If you notice pain progression, fever or vaginal discharge/blood she should go to hospital right away for further tests.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help