Pregnant, 4D scan, Williams criteria. Sex of the baby ?

hi i am prgnanat and i am in 26 th week...i have taken 4d scan last month and the baby is fine....but i want to know the gender of my baby through the scan it possible to know from the report they have given?in the san report in the last page there is one that growth column it has been given as XXXXXXX ..what it means?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 15 minutes later

The sex of the baby can only be recognized by the person who is doing the ultrasound scan and that too at the time of scan only in a moving picture.

In the still photographs which are given along with the report, you can never make out the sex of the baby just by looking at it.

The growth of baby is calculated by the ultrasound machine with respect to the parameters calculated by different scientists whose name is mentioned. In your case it is according to the William's criteria.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: Pregnant, 4D scan, Williams criteria. Sex of the baby ? 12 minutes later
Hi doctor,
thanks for the reply...this is my second baby and the first one is teh we are expecting to be a boy...thats why we thought that we can get thru the gender thru the scan report....but my doc who i am going for regular check ups is having a scan machime and after the 4d scan report i went to my doctor with my report..she analysed the report and scanned me with her scan and said it may be a boy...but not sure she said as she is very close to i can take this reply from my doc?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.

Since you are close to the doctor you are consulting you are the best person to understand what she meant by that. Or you can ask her again about the details.

Only the one who who has seen the live scan knows it well can help you.

But in our country(India) it is illegal to disclose the sex of the child and the doctor can be jailed for it.

Hope my answer is helpful.

Wishing you a trouble free pregnancy.
Follow-up: Pregnant, 4D scan, Williams criteria. Sex of the baby ? 7 minutes later
thanks a lot u wish i itself want to have a trouble free pregnanacy....pls pray for me too...i know that gender disclosure is against the policy and no one will do that...even my just i want to have clarification onmy doubts with u..thanks again..
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for writing back.

It is alright.

I just wanted to inform the details.