Pregnancy test showed positive. Did cocaine and feeling sick. What are the risks?

just did a pregnancy test it showed positive 3 weeks + i did cocaine three weeks ago and am extremly worried .I have not done any since and before that was about 6 months previous. I and am a non drinker whats are my risks I feel sick I am normally so health aware never go out im so upset
Posted Thu, 26 Jul 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Please do not be upset. Abusing cocaine only once during the early pregnancy or near conception is not likely to show any effect on the baby.
Implantation happens almost one week after fertilization. Till then the fetus does not come in contact with any maternal blood circulation. Also, it is the chronic cocaine abuse which is harmful for the baby.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Pregnancy test showed positive. Did cocaine and feeling sick. What are the risks? 5 hours later
Thats great just can i go through my dates with you my last period was the 06 XXXXXXX and i did cocaine on the 16th XXXXXXX so looking at my dates did you think I will be okay .I feel sick to the core and really wanted another child but though I was to old .I should be celebrating instead of stressing ovcer my stupidity
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Your last period was on 6th XXXXXXX That means you ovulated near 20th XXXXXXX This makes your conception safe.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.