Pre-cancerous cells, trying for baby, blood test showed low progesterone, HPT negative. Missed period. Scared that cone biopsy will harm pregnancy

I am due to have a cone biopsy on Wednesday this week as I have high grade pre cancerous cells. I have been trying for a baby since August of last year & up untill 29 February was experiencing 14-19 day periods. My bloods were taken and t was found I had very low progesterong. Coincidently I then miss my period and have not had one since. I have had many HPT & they are all saying negative, I also had a blood test which also showed negative but althought this might sound crazy, I am still not convinced! I have not missed a period since i started 18 years ago & I am scared that if I have this operation & I am pregnant I will lose it. I know I have an extremely low chance of being pregnant but at the same time I have read hundreds of stories of women who's blood and HPT showed negative untill 3 months in... I am very confused & worried. I have asked for a scan to make sure but have been told nothing would show up yet?! Please can you advise me what to do. Thank you
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 40 minutes later
There are very low chances of pregnancy if all the immunological tests are negative.You already know that.The last resort to confirm that would be an ultrasound,and you know that too. If you want to get the scan done for your peace of mind,then of course,you should go ahead.Please know that hormonal imbalance can also cause amenorrhea. The cone biopsy is very necessary from what you have mentioned. If you were pregnant,then by now the fetal pole would be seen.Fetal cardiac motion is seen by 6-7 weeks. I suggest that you get the scan to avoid confusion. But the treatment for the cervical dysplasia is very important.Dont neglect that.