Pounding in the head after a car accident. Have back pain, headaches and nausea. Can you help?

head is poundingI got into a car accident over a month ago and have been taking ibprophin for the last 5 days. At work I'm out of it. I also have been taking Vikoden here and there for the pain in my back. Recently I have been having very bad headaches and been very noxious. Is there something I can do for these headaches? Their so bad that I'm stuck to my bed due to my eyes hurting so bad that ice feels great. Can you help lead me in the right direction?
Posted Sun, 7 Apr 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 37 minutes later
Hi there, thanks for asking. Headaches after head traumas are called post concussion syndrome, especially if they are accompany with nausea, problem in concentration, etc. The best way to treat them is to avoid heavy mental activities during the next weeks. Rest (not to have a full activity) is the best thing that is recommended. Having sex is not a problem since many people ask about it. Treatment with Vicoden can decrease the pain for several hours and you may need to take more than two or three tablet a day which is not too healthy. Let me know if you have any other question. I wish you a good health.
Follow-up: Pounding in the head after a car accident. Have back pain, headaches and nausea. Can you help? 32 hours later
Can you email me my message to you and your reply? It would be helpful since I can't do it myself. I need a hard copy of this info.
YYYY@YYYY thank you very much.
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 4 hours later

I sent it to you. Let me know if any other question in this regard you may find.