Possible to have chlamydia without any symptoms?

Hopefully this will complete my concerns about Clamydia. Is it possible I had the STD and had no systems, then became symptomatic. Trying to figure where and who this came from. Prior to this three year monogamist relationship . I had abstained from all sex for Three and half years with no systems of an infection.
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes. You can have infection with no symptoms. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. Chlamydia infection in women can remain asymptomatic for years. Between half and three-quarters of all women who have a chlamydia infection have no symptoms and do not know that they are infected. It is possible that you had this infection from your previous relationship. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL