Possibility of getting parasite by eating undercooked ground turkey burger?

I ate an undercooked ground XXXXXXX burger (slightly pink on the inside) - I was wondering if there is a need to worry about the possibility of getting a parasite? Thanks so much.
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Banait 11 hours later

Any under-cooked vegetable/food carries a risk of infection by bacteria/viruses or any other parasites. This is absolutely a chance occurring.

I am not sure if you are referring to cases of salmonella infection reported at various places in US in March 11.

Though these cases were associated with ground XXXXXXX burger, not everybody who had eaten it developed infection. Moreover, only 11-12 cases were reported till march (that was when i last read about it!). The illness was short lived. No loss of life.

In short, risk appears to be minor. Even if you develop infection, the illness may not be serious and will be treatable easily.

So, do not worry. Enjoy life.

Dr. Vaibhav Banait