Positive urine pregnancy test. Test shows bulky ovary. Does bulky ovary lead to ectopic pregnancy?

Mar 2013
my Urine pregnancy Test is positive , gynacologyst said rt ovary is bulky on pv. LMP - 28/6/13. she we need to ruleout ectopic. dose bulk overy show ectopic?
Posted Sun, 25 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 7 minutes later
Hello Dr. XXXXXXX Bose
You are around 5 wks 4 days pregnant right now.
A bulky ovary does not necessarily mean ectopic pregnancy, specially on PV examination.
However by this time, on transvaginal pelvic ultrasound, distinct intra uterine gestational sac should be seen.
If that is not present, and the ovary is bulky, suspicion of ectopic pregnancy is raised.
A blood B HCG level would quickly tell you the difference.
I would request you to upload the ultrasound report if possible.
Also ensure that the ultrasound was vaginally done, as abdominal ultrasound cannot clearly define the details.
Please get back with the ultrasound scan, so I can guide you better.
All the best.