Positive pregnancy test. Ultrasound gave negative result. Why do I feel movement in belly?

I m so confusedI had to positive pregnancy test when I went in for the ultrasound they said no baby. I'm very confused my belly has grown and I feel movement everyday I have kicking. They did say my uterus has thickened but nothing. I'm I crazy
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 3 hours later
You are experiencing something called pseudo pregnancy.Its a state that resembles pregnancy but there actually isnt any pregnancy. Mostly occurs due to hormonal factors. The cause needs to be identified. You need to get some tests done.First and foremost get beta hcg levels done and then get tested further.
You should see your doctor for further tests.Repeat the pregnancy test again,if positive,you should get a hormone profile done.