Positive pregnancy test. Taken mensovite plus capsules. Will periods occur?

Question
SIR, MY WIFE PERIOD DATE IS MARCH 10 TH 2012, NOW I AM 34 DAYS,PREGNANCY CARD SHOWS POSITIVE. I USED MENSOVITE PLUS CAPSULES 6 NOS PER DAY FOR TWO DAYS.WILL MY WIFE GET PERIODS SOON,
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 25 minutes later

I can understand your concern for your wife’s pregnancy but it is unadvisable to take any medication on your own to cause abortion as it can cause complications. Mensovit plus is to regularise cycles and not for abortion. This is a herbal product given to regularise periods. It is not recommended that your wife takes it when she is pregnant. Please stop giving it to her and consult a gynecologist immediately.

Before going for Medical Termination of Pregnancy (abortion), you need to check ultrasonogram to make sure the foetus is in the uterus. methotrexate,mesoprostol and mifiprestone) is effective if pregnancy is less than seven weeks. Anytime past seven weeks requires surgical abortion by dilatation and curettage (D+C).
Since your wife is close to 5 weeks pregnancy, consult a gynecologist and get her evaluated.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.