Popping noise on the left side of pectoralis major muscle while exercising. Having pain and lump. What is wrong?
User rating for this question
Hello, While doing push ups the other day as a warm up before weight lifting, I heard a popping noise on the left side of my right pec muscle. After that I was unable to exercise due to the pain. Soon after that, a lump formed under the skin below my collar bone and above my right pectoral. It also feels like I have a pinched nerve on the right side of my neck. At first I thought I tore my pec, but no bruising or discoloration at the site if the injury ever occured. Its been 3 months, the lump is still there, and push ups are still painful to do. Anything heavier than a pushup, such as full body dips, are impossible to do because of the pain. Whats wrong? Some laymen speculation is that I tore a tendon and that it rolled up under my skin, forming the lump. If thats the case, what do I need to do to get it repaired?
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: You need investigation and clinical examination Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us, I have studied your case with diligence. As per your history and symptoms there is possibility of partial tear in pectoralis muscle or tendon You need clinical examination and MRI to confirm diagnosis. If there is major tear then it need to be repaired surgically consulting orthopaedic surgeon. If tear is minimal then physiotherapy will help in recovery and rehabilitation. Another possibility of rotator cuff partial injury leading to pain. Physiotherapist can help you to improve strength of muscles. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.
People also viewed
- Cure of reactive synovitis by ayurvedic
- Pain lump left side back
- Ayurvedic medicine and diet for tailbone pain
- Ayurvedic and chondromalacia patella
- Painful lump in lower left leg what is this lump
- Meth and sweaty hands
- Pregnant sore throat dizzy headache fatigue
- Pizza cheese causes gas in stomach
- Absent pectoralis major muscle
- Pain in the pectoralis major muscle
- Painful lump on the left side on scalp
- Do compression shorts cause acne
- Ayurvedic tretmentright knee joint effusion
- Ayurvedic treatment for joint effusion
- Unsafe and safe food for g6pd deficiency