Pooped blood after drinking alcohol, started frequent bowel movements, pain in liver. Are these related?

Question
I have pooped blood after drinking alcohol, it doesnt only happen when I get drunk,If I dont drink there is no blood,...I have also had some pain in my lower right rear side, near liver/gall bladder, and am wondering if these problems could be related..Additional Details

The blood is bright red, the day after drinking its at the start of my bowel movement, today, three days later the end of my bowel movement pushed out the blood, I am 31, do not take pain killers, do not vomit, do feel tired, I used to drink weekly, now barely cuz of this issue.
Posted Tue, 31 Jul 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 1 hour later
Dear XXXXXXX

You probably might have a condition called Hematochezia. It refers to passage of XXXXXXX bright red blood through anus. The most common cause for this is Hemorrhoids, also called Piles. They are small-dilated blood vessels in the anal canal, which rupture and bleed during passing stools.

Your pain in the right upper abdomen could also suggest involvement of the ascending colon, i.e., large intestine.

Alcohol can precipitate the bleeding in piles.

You should consult a surgeon who would examine you from below (Per Rectal Examination) and will be able to tell whether you have piles or not.

If it is clear below, you will have to undergo Colonoscopy and Upper GI Endoscopy to rule out other causes.

Please consult your doctor and it is important to get it evaluated.

Do get back if you need any further information.

Sincerely,

Dr Kiran