Plexiform neurofibroma, lesion is not painful except in cigar area. Is this a worry?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I have a plexiform neurofibroma (NF-1) which has a firm cigar size & shape area in the middle, The entire size of the plexiform lession is that of the palm of my hand. The lession is not painful excpet when I press over the "cigar" area. The lession has not changed size in many years. The firm cigar area may have been present for many years also but I never examined the lession before I read up on NF-1 a few days ago.Is this a worry?
Thank you for your advice..
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 11 hours later

Thanks for posting the query.

I would like to know the exact location of the lesion on your body.

This will help me in providing me more specific recommendations. Kindly revert back back with the answer to my question.

Awaiting your reply.