Ask a Urologist   »  

Please see my culture and routine report. I am taking

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
Please see my culture and routine report. I am taking ciprofloxacin 500 mg
And niftas 100 mg morning and evening. Please advise, what option,
I have as I didn't see any antibodies which can help.

Posted Tue, 5 Dec 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
There are no reports attached to your query .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thank for writing again .However you have failed to attach reports to your query ,

Please reattach the reports .I would make precise comments and suggestions after going through the reports

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil..

Follow-up: Please see my culture and routine report. I am taking 1 hour later
Attached reports

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You have UTI due to Klebsiella Pneumonie organisms

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for uploading reports of urine routine and Urine Culture which reveals infection the organisms being detected to be Klebsiella Pneumonie which are sensitive to only antibiotic Colistin .

By the way what are your symptoms that compelled you to do urine culture ?

You need to take antibiotic Colistin intravenously twice daily and monitor renal function by doing blood tests for Serum Creatinine and Blood urea under the supervision of qualified Nephrologist .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Please see my culture and routine report. I am taking 54 minutes later
I am not sure, whether you remember my case or not. I had the prostraitis and then it has been cured for 2 weeks and again i have got this, having a pain while passing urine. Please let me know this can be cured as its affected me since last 1 year and never gone away.

what does this mean in the report?
Extended spectrun beta lactamase?

And how is this Klebsiella Pneumonie bacteria which looks different from the previous one? why everytime, there is a different bacteria turned up? Should I stopped eating any thing specific?

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I know your history from the beginning

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up

I do know all your previous history and our discussion .

The bacterial infection is the worst infection that lingers for years a making patient and treating physician frustrated.

It is a chronic infection where bacteria always change their pattern .

Extended spectrum beta lactamase is an enzyme produced by Klebsiella Pneumonae .This enzyme makes them resistant to all third generation cephalosporin antibiotics that are commonly used to treat Genito Urinary infection .

You can hope to change this pattern and get your urine culture repeated after one month .

There is no link between diet and the infection .

If you have severe symptoms can do prostate massage every day to eliminate prostatic secretions .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.