Planning for pregnancy, pain below the abdomen and in nipples. Are these signs of pregnancy?

Question
hi my name is XXXXXXX i am 28 years palnning for baby from few days i had pain below my belly and pain in my nipples is it a sisgn of pregnancy
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 6 hours later

Pain in nipples and heaviness of breasts is considered an initial sign of pregnancy. But pain in abdomen is an unlikely symptom of pregnancy. However since you have been planning for conception, you should check the status of your pregnancy for which you should do a urine for pregnancy test by a sensitive urine for pregnancy test kit.

Most home pregnancy tests that check urine beta-HCG are sensitive to 20-25 mIU/ml of HCG. The test can be positive anywhere from about 2-3 days prior to a missed menses to 4-5 days after, but usually it should be done 7-10 days past your missed period. Use a morning sample of urine and two lines means a positive test. To confirm the status of your pregnancy, you can get a serum HCG test done which is more specific than a urine test.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Follow-up: Planning for pregnancy, pain below the abdomen and in nipples. Are these signs of pregnancy? 7 hours later
i had my period on 5 th of march so you mean i need to do a test tomorrow with the first urine and 2 pink lines means positive pregnancy. For many days i need to try if neagtive again Please advise

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 41 hours later

Thanks for writing back to me.

You can test for pregnancy with a urine for pregnancy test. If it comes negative then you can repeat the test after 7-10 days after you miss your periods (close to 12th April). Alternately you can get a blood test for pregnancy done which is more specific than a urine for pregnancy test.