Planning for pregnancy. How to find the day of ovulation?

Infertility Specialist
Hi Doctor, we are planning for a kid since last 2 months but are unsucessful. We both are healthy & the sexual life is also normal. We had sex almost every night. The session lasts for around 1 hour with foreplay & main cource. We both enjoy sex. We donot have a clue as why we are unable to get success. As per suggestions by some friends, we figured out the D Days of sex for conciving a baby (ie 5 days before 7days of next expected periods). Pls help
Posted Sat, 16 Mar 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 40 hours later
Hi, thanks for your query. I read your query and I understand your concerns. Best days to have intercourse for getting pregnant is from day 12 to day 18 in a 28 day cycle. Ovulation occurs 14 days prior to the next cycle. Hence i have given dates presumong 28 days cycle. I advice you to undergo semen analysis to see if your semen count is fine. If its normal, I want your wife to undergo following tests to analyse your reproductive potential : Hysterosalpingogram (HSG) to check fallopian tubes 5) Get following blood tests : TSH, AMH anytime, serum prolactin (fasting state), 6) On second day of your periods get blood tests : Serum FSH & LH. Please get back to me with these reports so that I can help you. I hope I answered your query. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol