Planning for baby. Taking fertomid-50 and Lupi HMG-75 injection. How they help me to get pregnant?

Question
sir,i am 25 yrs old.we are planning for a baby from 2 yrs.but we have no success.my reports are normal.my husband's reports are normal too.after intercourse semen are come out through my vagina.doctor prescribed me 3 MEDICINES in this cycle.Fertomid-50 to take from the 3rd day of my cycle,Lupi HMG-75 injection to take in 5th,7th and 9th day of my cycle and lupigest 200 capsule to take orally from the 16th day of my mensuration.how it helps me to get pragnent ?i am waiting for a reply.
Posted Thu, 24 Oct 2013 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Meant for induction of ovulation and maintenance.

Detailed Answer:

The medications prescribed are useful as follows:
-Fertomid- used for induction of ovulation; helps in ripening of follicles.
-Lupi-HMG- to facilitate ovulation; releases the ovum.
-Lupigest- progesterone to help in stabilizing the endometrium and in the event of conception, to provide good endometrial support to the embryo.

Ovulation can be identified through ovulation kits and follicular monitoring. Intercourse should be timed to around the days of ovulation; I would like to add, if you have leakage of semen, you should try to lie down on your abdomen for at least half-an-hour after the intercourse to facilitate action. An elevation below the buttocks is also a good alternative during the act.

Hope your query has been clarified. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.

Follow-up: Planning for baby. Taking fertomid-50 and Lupi HMG-75 injection. How they help me to get pregnant? 23 minutes later
thank you sir.doctor also prescribed me lupi HMG-75 injection to take in my 5th,7t and 9th day of my period.how it helps in my pragnency sir?is there any side effect?
madam,i can't understand it clearly.can you please reply me in simple?by taking this medicine am i get a good result?i feel very tensed.

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Helps in releasing the ovum

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

Lupi-HMG helps in releasing the ovum by helping to mature the follicles and thus helps in conception. There is a 20% - 60% chance of positive result with this injection and mostly within the first three cycles. Common side effects of the medication include fluid retention, bloating, weight gain and sometimes pain in the abdomen.

The medications that have been prescribed to you are meant to release an ovum from your ovary and thus help in getting pregnant. If you face the problem of leaking semen, you should try to elevate your hips using a pillow underneath your buttock or lie down on your face for sometime after the act as this can help to hold the semen inside the vagina for longer time.

Please do not get tensed but get regular monitoring. These drugs are being safely used in vast number of people with good result. Proper monitoring is a must to identify ovarian hyper-stimulation which is a side effect sometimes seen. A maximum of six cycles are usually tried.

Hope I made it clear. Please get back for more information. I will be ready to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.

Follow-up: Planning for baby. Taking fertomid-50 and Lupi HMG-75 injection. How they help me to get pregnant? 9 hours later
thnks a lot Mam.now, i m very clear about it.

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Always welcome

Detailed Answer:

Thank you. You are always welcome to contact if you need any information. I will be available to help.

Wish you good health and good luck.

regards,
Shanti.V.