Planning for a child. Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction

Jul 2016

Dear Sir ,I have been married since one year ago i.e in Novemeber 2011 .From then we are trying to conceive but each time it is unsuccessful"( i mean she gets into periods) ..manytimes i am not in a mood ..when i am in mood ..the erection is not proper .whats the solution for the same .But sometimes it happens ...i ejaculate also ..but dont know sperm counts and its motility is good or not .Since we are not conceiving .Please advise..

And whenever i feel like doing ..i get urine sensation ..which i do also.. but now and then i feel urine might come now ..and it comes also in bits ..why is this .Is it harmful if the urine goes in her ..
Posted Wed, 9 Jan 2013 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later

I understand your concern. You are married since 1 year and trying for conception with no result. Conception (Pregnancy) is a result of fertilization of a female egg by a man’s sperm. This happens only when the normal, mature eggs are produced during ovulation are fertilized by a sperm. Therefore both you and your wife need to be checked to look for problems.

1. Please get your semen analysis done in any renowned laboratory to assess the sperm count ,morphology, and motility of the sperms.
2. Your wife can also be checked by a gynecologist / infertility specialist for menstrual and hormonal problems affecting fertility.
A proper treatment can be planned based on the detailed evaluation.

As regards to your query about erectile dysfunction and your erectile problems, please note that masturbation has no ill effect on sexual potency of a man. It is always mind related.
I suggest you to have moderate exercise and meditation every day. In addition take high protein-low fat diet XXXXXXX in fruits and vegetables and anti-oxidants like Almonds. These measures will help to built up your level of confidence and thereby your stamina and erection.

Hope I have addressed your concerns. Please do not hesitate to write me if you have any doubts; I shall try my level best to address your query.

Follow-up: Planning for a child. Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction 23 hours later

Thank you for the reply ,My wife always feel lots of pain during first two days of periods starting,Whether this can be a factor for not having pregnancy.Sir also you didnt tell about my urine problem whenever i feel like doing ..i get urine sensation ..which i do also.. but now and then i feel like passing urine( specially when i am ready for intercourse or think about doing) ..and it comes also in bits ..why is this .Is it harmful if the urine goes in her if at all it comes during intercourse .

Sir its a kind of incomplete urination ,i even done urine culture testing ..its okay ..Sir for semen anaylsis i need to store and give them my semen right .
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Thanks for your feedback.

I would like to address your doubt about the sensation of Urination before and during sex. Scientifically it is not possible at all because during the act of micturition, Bladder Neck and Sphincter of Urethra both open simultaneously to initiate the passing of urine.

Whereas during ejaculation Bladder neck gets closed tightly and sphincter opens, this prevents urine from entering into the Urethra and only semen gets ejaculated.

So there is no flow of Urine during ejaculation. Whatever sensation you are getting may be due to involuntary stimulation of the muscles of the Bladder and Urethra. So make a habit of emptying the Bladder before sex.

For Semen analysis you have to have abstinence for 4-5 days before collecting the Semen sample by ejaculating at home or in the laboratory, and submit it within 30 minutes of collection.

Your wife gets severe pain for first two days during her period This has nothing to do with Ovulation.

Consult Gynecologist or Infertility Specialist as suggested earlier. Please do write after you get the results of the test.

Thanks Regards
Dr. Patil
Follow-up: Planning for a child. Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction 2 days later

Again thank you for the reply ,Sir i try my best to empty my bowel ( from emptying the bowel you mean passing urine completely right..usually at first urine comes as normal ..but later it comes in bit ..and i feel some remains to come ..and later it comes as well )..but still during intercourse i feel like urine is coming .Is there any tablet for the same to stop this .

And sir what does abstinence this context means .And about my semen ..i usually feel its very low in volume ..very less there anything through which i can improve this .What food/fruits i can take ..or medicines i can take to improve motility/volume/erection .

One more point ..i had undergone circumcision in feb this year .I have frequent constipation problem year back i suffered from piles cum fissure .Just for your knowledge to evaluate my situation

Hope to receive your useful reply with some tips on what to eat in food as asked earlier in this mail .

Thank You
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later

Thanks for your queries.

Abstinence means you should not have sex or masturbate for 4-5 days before you collecting the semen sample for analysis.

As regards to the volume of the semen, it is not important as semen of small quantity may have high sperm count and large volume semen can have low sperm count. So it is total sperm count that is more important than quantity of semen.

You can have High protein diet XXXXXXX in eggs, meat and dry fruits with almond and XXXXXXX vegetables. There is no medicine that is proved to increase the sperm count.

You have undergone some surgeries in the past which have no significance. In regards to your doubt about passing urine during ejaculation, I have already explained it in detail in scientific terms. It is your anxiety that is bothering you. So please allay your anxiety.

Thanks with Regards.