Planning for a baby. Found low amh and high fsh. What are the side effect of IVF and IUI?

I have few questions can some one help me. We are trying for a baby just from 1 month. But in pre pregnancy consultation we found that
1) my wife 's (age 30) AMH is low 2 Lab's reported 0.47 and 0.6 and another lab 2.2. methods are diff from labs. 2 labs used EIA and another lab used ELISA or vise versa (not sure which lab used which method).
2) her FSH was found 10.5 and Follicular scan showed 5 eggs on right side and 1 on left side .
3) Our Doctor is suggesting IVF ASAP. even though we have tried just 1 month. shouldnt we try for few months more.
4) Are we in the right path ?
5) What are the side effects of IVF? IUI ? heard it is linked to breast cancer ? and other long term disease. ? Is that true.
6) How long will it take my wife to reach Menopause. Will she reach in 4-6 months ? Can she concieve ?
What should be our take ? Please suggest us. we are in a pathetic state of mind.

Posted Sat, 23 Mar 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 10 minutes later

Low levels of AMH and a high FSH is suggestive of a low ovarian reserve and may cause an early menopause. These values do not predict the time it will take to reach menopause. Since her maternal history suggests menopause at 50 years, the menopause in her case should also be around that age.

You have tried for spontaneous conception only once. Instead of going for IVF, it is best to start with ovulation induction therapy like clomiphene for 2-3 cycles and see the response. You can discuss regarding this with your infertility specialist.

IVF or IUI are not associated with any major health issues like breast cancer and if required you can go for these treatments.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Planning for a baby. Found low amh and high fsh. What are the side effect of IVF and IUI? 23 minutes later
Thanks for the reply .. few questions pls don't mine...

Which lab or method is correct in AMH evaluation. Elisa or eia

Will it not be a problem if we go for ivf etc after few months. Our doctor is telling every passing month will reduce chances... will 2 month make a diff
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.

Both the methods of AMH evaluation are correct and equally valid. You can wait for 1-2 months for spontaneous conception and then try for the assisted reproductive techniques like IVF.

Hope my answer is helpful. Let me know if I can assist you further.