Planing for baby, dont get orgasm. Frequency of intercourse?

Question
me n my husband are planning for a baby, v have been doing frequent sex but i dont get orgasm.so i sat under a tap and got an orgasm immediately.tis was done after the intercourse. but i was lying down for half an hour with my legs raised. after the sex.. vil this affect my baby planning??i am 26 yrs and my husband is 27yrs..we are planning for our 1st child..
how frequently should i have an intercourse to get pregnant? and does oral sex affect our planning??
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Getting Pregnant

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 10 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX

You need to realise that sitting under the tap with wash away any semen that may be in the vaginal canal.This will definitely affect you pregnancy plans.

What you need to do is plan this pregnancy. If there are no medical problems with you or your husband,then assuming then you are healthy enough for a pregnancy then you need to time your sexual intercourse.

You need to have regular periods.If so,then you should be able to calculate your ovulation period. Normally in most women,the fertile period is between day 11 and 16. Maximum intercourse during this time would be beneficial.

Also after ejaculation, lie with a pillow beneath you hips for at least 45 mins. Do not wash even after that as sperm remains viable in the vaginal canal for several hours.

If you still dont get pregnant after 6 months,then you will need to see a fertility specialist.

Oral sex doesnt affect your planning per say.However,its wasted semen.

Hope your query is answered. Follow ups are welcome.

Warm Regards.