Pins & needles sensation in lower left arm, legs & left side of lips. What to do?

Good

Nephrologist
Question
hi my husband is 54 years old, he has been suffering from pins and needles in his lower left arm, both legs and the left side of his lips
Posted Fri, 1 Jun 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 3 hours later
Hello

Thanks for the query

I need more info in order to come to a better conclusion as many reasons lead to similar problems

1. Is he a diabetic? If yes then how long as he been a diabetic?

2. Is he a vegetarian ?

3. Was any imagining like an MRI done for the backache?

4. How long has he has this issue?

Please get back to me with the answers, I am awaiting your reply

I wish him a speedy recovery

Follow-up: Pins & needles sensation in lower left arm, legs & left side of lips. What to do? 45 hours later
He is not diabetic or a vegetarian, never had an MRI, he has had his back trouble for about 9 years.

He has been getting the pins and needles daily for about 4 or 5 months

Reguards

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 6 hours later
Hello

Thanks for the reply

What it looks like is he is suffering from a neurologist soon for an MRI spine to localize the lesion. Please do not delay it any further.
For now please avoid lifting heavy weights or any form of bending exercises. The other possibility is a peripheral nerve disease which can explain why he has such symptoms even in the upper limb and around lips.
For the pain usually Tab Tramadol is given, please XXXXXXX your doctor for a prescription.

I hope I have answered your query, please accept my answer if you have no further queries.

I wish him a speedy recovery