Pins and needles in feet and hands, tingling sensation in face, general malaise, normal annual medical check-up.

I have had pins and needles in my feet and hands over the last couple of weeks with a tingling sensation on the left had side of my face. Also feeling with a general malaise!

Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Brain and Spine
Follow-up: Pins and needles in feet and hands, tingling sensation in face, general malaise, normal annual medical check-up. 3 minutes later
My last annual medical check in April came up completely normal on all counts
Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 9 hours later
Hello and Thanks for the query,

Regarding the presence of pins and needles over the feet and hands indicate disturbance in the sensory nerves i.e sensory neuropathy or a problem in the spinal cord. Most occur after viral infections. Rarely stress itself can cause all these symptoms.

Though this looks to be a minor problem now, you need to see your General Physician / Neurologist and undergo evaluation for the cause of neuropathy. I hope you are not Diabetic as it one of the common causes. You may consider taking Vitamin B 12 supplements for a month, daily one tablet after food. This is over the counter medicine, you do not need a prescription for this.

Thanks again for the query. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Shiva Kumar R.