Pins and needles all over body. Slight bumps swollen on face. How to treat it permanently?

Hello, I'm a 28 year old female about 176lbs, 5'7. For the past 6 years I have been receiving a pins and needle sensation almost of the entire body. I have small bumps that appears and usually slight swelling of the face. When around heated areas/sun it almost feels like bumps are popping under the skin. The first time I got this it was accompanied by red rash. I went to the doctors who tested me for all ATDs all negative. I would really like some answers or what direct to take. This only last about a week and a half. But I wold like to take something that will make it go away permently.
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 1 hour later

The bumps or pricking sensation mostly above the exposed parts of the body after sun exposure can be a type of ‘urticaria’ due to heat or sun exposure. Skin rashes develop when the offending cause is in too much quantity.

If the symptoms don’t arise when you are indoors and only occur in relation to heat or sun exposure it is advisable to avoid out door exposure as much as possible.

An Allergy to a particular substance can start at any time during one’s life and even stop too.
Antihistaminic such as caladryl lotin are prescribed to relieve you off your symptoms. You may try it after discussing with your physician. But in case the offending cause is again exposed to, allergy might recur.

Hope this answers your query. Please accept my answer if you do not have any further follow ups. I will be available to address any other concerns that you might have.

Dr.Rohit Batra