Pink string like piece of tissue coming from vulva. Is this the cause for concern?

May 2013
Hello I had my first child (vaginally) 4 months ago and last night when showering I felt a piece if tissue. I looked with a mirror and there is a thick, pink stringlike piece of tissue coming from my Vulva. I'm due to get my cycle any day now. I spoke to the obgyn's nurse n she said most likely tissue since only my second cycle since having baby. I looked today and there is a small pink fleshy piece right at entry of vagina. Could this all be uterine tissue sloughing that's just adhered?
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Endometrial tissue, carunculae myritiformis

Detailed Answer:
According to your description, the possibilities are :
-During periods some of the endometrial tissue sheds along with the blood.
So the tissue you mentioned could be endometrial tissue grown after delivery or little bit of remaining products of conception.
-After delivery also few bits of hymen will remain. These are called carunculae myritiformis. They appear as small fleshy tags.
These can come out sometimes.
If you do not have symptoms like bleeding, pain etc, no need to worry about these things.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries.
If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion.
Follow-up: Pink string like piece of tissue coming from vulva. Is this the cause for concern? 2 minutes later
Yes it looks like a 1inch fleshy tag. I've had some cramping today,but normal period cramps. Thank you so much for piece of mind. If it's still there by
Monday I will follow up with my Obgyn
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry

Detailed Answer:
Yes, no need to worry as there are no symptoms.
Possibly your periods may start soon.
If needed consult your gynecologist once.